Looking for powder-free gloves that can go the extra mile on safety, and grip? These heavy duty black nitrile gloves are for you. As one of our thi...View full details
Best Disposable Gloves for Doctors
Whether you’re a surgeon, a physician, a nurse, or an EMT, you probably spend a significant portion of your day wearing gloves, so it’s important that the ones you have are great quality and well suited to the procedures you typically perform.
You probably also don’t have a ton of time to compare all of the many disposable medical gloves on the market to find the right ones for you.
That’s where we come in.
In this article, we’ll briefly touch on the types of gloves you might be looking for, the different materials available, and then take a look at some of the best disposable gloves on the market today.
If you’d rather not skim this whole article and want to just get your glove shopping over with, you really can’t go wrong with our selection of medical gloves. Sure, we’re a little biased, but with three decades in the glove business, we know a thing or two about sourcing the best quality gloves at affordable prices.
At a glance:
What Kind of Gloves Do Doctors Wear?
Doctors and other medical professionals wear different kinds of gloves depending on the task at hand (no pun intended). The main ones are:
- Exam gloves: Healthcare workers wear these gloves during lighter-duty work like exams and minor procedures. They’re usually made of nitrile, latex, or vinyl and are usually on the lighter side in terms of thickness.
- Surgical gloves: Fun fact: the original use for latex gloves was to protect a nurse’s hands during surgery. Today, they’re also often made from neoprene, polyisoprene, or nitrile as well. A good pair of surgical gloves offers more robust protection than exam gloves and good tactile sensitivity.
- Chemotherapy gloves: These gloves are designed specifically to protect workers from exposure to the drugs used in chemotherapy. They’re usually made from nitrile, latex, or neoprene and are tested to ensure their ability to prevent skin contact with the chemicals.
What Are Doctor Gloves Made Out Of?
Medical gloves are made from a variety of materials depending on the use case. Among them:
- Latex: The classic single-use gloves, latex gloves are made from the natural sap of the rubber tree. They provide excellent tactile sensitivity and comfort, and good resistance against many substances. If you have a latex allergy, though, these gloves can cause more harm than good.
- Nitrile: Nitrile gloves are an increasingly popular choice. Made from synthetic rubber, they offer many of the same benefits of latex, like excellent puncture resistance, tactile sensitivity, and chemical resistance, while also being safe for people with latex allergies.
- Vinyl: Vinyl gloves are made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC), the same stuff as the pipes in your house. They’re a lighter duty glove that’s more porous by nature, so in a healthcare setting they’re only appropriate for low risk situations like exams.
- Neoprene and Polyisoprene: Like nitrile gloves, these materials are used to make gloves that have many of the properties of latex gloves without triggering allergies. Neoprene and polyisoprene gloves are often on the more expensive side, but they’re a popular choice for surgical gloves.
The Best Disposable Medical Gloves
HandCare Blue Nitrile Gloves
At 4 mil thick, these nitrile exam gloves offer a balance of good grip, hand sensitivity, and protection. HandCare’s gloves are 100% nitrile, so they’re also well suited for patients or staff with skin sensitivities.
HandCare’s Nitrile gloves are rigorously tested to meet the standards of the FDA and the ASTM (not to mention international standards). That’s one reason they’re trusted on a daily basis by names like Johns Hopkins Hospital and Northwestern Hospital. If you’re looking for great disposable medical gloves, you really can’t go wrong with HandCare’s offering.
- 4 mil thickness for dexterity and comfort
- Textured fingertips for excellent grip
- Snug, comfortable, true-to-size fit
- Certified to meet 8 international testing standards for quality
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Also comes in black!
MedPride Powder-Free Nitrile Exam Gloves
The MedPride Powder-Free Nitrile Disposable Gloves are medical-grade nitrile gloves suitable for surgical and other medical procedures. This pair of gloves offers
- Superior elasticity
- Good puncture and abrasion-resistance
- Protection from sharp objects, liquids, and gasses.
The micro roughened surface of these disposable gloves makes them easy to grip, and their sure-handedness helps you get the job done.
These gloves fit comfortably and have high tactile sensitivity, making them ideal for surgical procedures that require high precision.
- Non-irritating and non-allergenic
- Offers right grip
- Have excellent sensitivity
- Ideal for almost any application
- Comes with rolled cuff
- Comes in a pack of 100 or 50 pairs
SUPERFIT Nitrile Surgical Gloves
SUPERFIT Nitrile Surgical Disposable Gloves are powder-free gloves made from nitrile. They’re suitable for surgeons because they mimic the fit and feel of natural rubber latex.
These gloves provide
- Good elasticity
- Superior comfort
- High tactile sensitivity from an ultra-thin design.
SUPERFIT comes in six sizes to fit just about anyone. This disposable glove comes in an ergonomic design that reduces fatigue associated with extended operations.
- Latex-free, powder-free, and free of accelerants that may cause skin rashes.
- Surface textured for easy donning
- Comes in different sizes
- Packed in a box of 100 pieces
Dynarex Surgeon’s Sterile Glove
Dynarex Surgeon’s Sterile Disposable Gloves come in a pack of 100 pieces, and each pack is sterile until the wrapper is open. This unique surgical glove pair is powder-free and contains natural rubber latex.
Dynarex Surgeon's Sterile gloves are available from size 6 to 9, and it’s easy to get the perfect fit for any hand size.
The natural rubber latex material offers strength without losing tactile sensitivity, and its pre-cuffed design makes it easy to wear and take off.
The gloves are textured on the palm and fingertips for better grip, making them ideal for medical procedures.
- Contains latex
- Comes with rolled cuff
- Comes in a pack of 50 pieces
- Size ranges from 6 to 9
- Textured fingertips and palm
Klex Nitrile Exam Gloves - Medical Grade
KLEX Nitrile Exam Gloves are a great choice for doctors. These can also be used in
- Dental work
- Cleaning work
- Medical procedures and much more
These gloves are resistant against tears, puncture, and chemical corrosion. They provide an excellent barrier against pathogens, chemicals, and other harmful substances without compromising dexterity.
This unique glove pair is made of 100% nitrile and is non-allergenic.
- 100% medical grade
- Safe for food handling
- Elastic construction
- Provides outstanding comfort and dexterity
- Comes in a pack of 100 pieces
- Beaded cuff
AMMEX Clear Vinyl Medical Gloves, 3 Mil
AMMEX Clear Vinyl gloves are a disposable medical-grade glove ideal for doctors. They’re latex-free, powder-free and suitable for people allergic to natural rubber latex.
As vinyl gloves, AMMEX’s gloves offer a great value for light-duty medical work, though be advised that they’re not meant for tasks like surgery or handling harsh chemicals.
AMMEX’s vinyl gloves are constructed from 3-mil vinyl, which makes them lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- Versatile and comfortable
- Made from vinyl
- Comes in 3-mil
- Latex-free and powder-free
- Available in different sizes (small, medium, large, extra-large)
- Comes in a pack of 100 pieces
PYRSIVA MEDICAL Nitrile Disposable Gloves
PYRSIVA MEDICAL Nitrile Glove is a medical grade glove made from a blend of PVC and nitrile, which adds to its durability. They offer a comfortable fit in a variety of sizes.
These gloves allow for operation of touch screen devices without taking them off, which can be helpful in some medical scenarios. They’re 3.5-mil thick, which offers decent protection while still being on the thinner and lighter side.
PYRSIVA’s gloves are designed to be odorless, and they’re powder free to avoid mess and skin irritation.
- Made from a blend of nitrile and PVC
- 3.5-mil thickness
The Best Gloves for Medical Use
In the medical field, the right gloves can really make a difference in your day-to-day life and, by extension, the lives of your patients. All of the gloves on this list are great choices for medical professionals looking for a go-to disposable glove that balances protection, comfort, and quality.
If you’re ready to shop for great quality medical gloves at an affordable price, check out our selection today.
Original Price $129.99from $89.99
Original Price $99.99from $69.99
When you need a great pair of gloves, you need the right combination of comfort, price, and performance. Our powder free black nitrile gloves have ...View full details
Original Price $68.99Current Price $49.99
When days are long and quality of work is critical, essential workers need tools they can count on. That includes a great pair of gloves. Our blue...View full details
Original Price $65.99Current Price $49.49
Tactile and Sturdy Disposable Vinyl Gloves Looking for a durable pair of disposable gloves that you can rely on? Look no further than these Diamon...View full details
Original Price $99.99Current Price $74.99
Looking for gloves that offer a comfortable fit and brilliant touch sensitivity? Then 5 mil blue nitrile protective gloves are for you. They prov...View full details